|OVERVIEW||HOW THE FELLOWSHIP WORKS||DATES TO REMEMBER||APPLICATION AND FUNDING||FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS|
HOW TO APPLY
Fill out the Online Application Form.
ASSESSMENT OF APPLICANTS
The applications will undergo a multi-level evaluation process where shortlisted candidates will be asked to pitch their innovations. These applications will be assessed by a panel of experts in engineering and innovation from the DOST, RAEng, and AIM. For LIF Batch 3, a minimum of ten (10) to a maximum of fifteen (15) applicants will be selected. The criteria to be used in selecting Fellows for the programme are as follows:
- Ambition and vision of the applicant;
- Track record of the candidate (including technical and non-technical capabilities);
- Entrepreneurial potential and commercial awareness of the applicant;
- Technological excellence, novelty and/ or effectiveness of the innovation;
- Feasibility, market potential and distance to market of the innovation; and,
- Expected benefit(s) of the innovation in terms of promoting economic and social welfare development in developing countries.
WHAT WILL BE FUNDED
RAEng and DOST will pay for:
- the training and mentoring programme;
- international flights;
- airport transfers and other UK-travel expenses incurred by the programme;
- all hotel accommodation;
- meals; and,
- visa fees.